Brake Performance Standards Inspection
Obviously, having brakes
that function properly is something that every driver considers a priority. Here’s some information on how your brakes should be safely manufactured, fitted and serviced.
Your Braking expectations
- Brake performance on dry, smooth, level road surfaces
- Brake performance in difficult weather conditions
- Required stopping distances and times depending on the mass (weight) of the vehicle
- Ability to hold the vehicle stationary on gradients
- Brake anti-lockup
Keeping your brakes safe
Highway Auto Rockhampton have experienced senior technicians who can conduct a comprehensive inspection of your car’s braking system components and advise you on all necessary repairs and service items. We use only the most trusted brands, and all our work is backed by our lifetime workmanship warranty.
Is your car due for a brake check-up?
If your car is due for a service, or you’d like to ensure your vehicle is safe, then call us on
(07) 4926 1303 to book a service, and get a quote for your vehicle.
More about car safety
- Suspension and Steering
- Springs, Shocks & Struts
- Lights, Windscreen, Wipers, Vision
- Tyres and Wheels
$197 Brake service kit includes:
- Supply and fit Bendix disc pads.
- Inspect disc rotors for condition, measure thickness.
- Inspect brake caliper operation.
- Clean and lubricate caliper sliding pins and contact areas.
- Check brake fluid condition and top up if necessary.
- Visually inspect brake master cylinder.
- Check park brake operation and adjust.
- Measure tyre wear.
Common Brake Problems and The Warning Signs
- A spongy brake pedal
- A grinding sound when you depress the brake pedal
- Squealing brakes
- The car pulling to one side when you brake
- The brake warning light illuminating
- Brake fluid level dropping
- The brake pedal being hard to press