Car Air-conditioning is a system used to create and maintain a comfortable driving environment inside a vehicle. It does this by transferring the heat from inside a vehicle to the outside keeping the temperature down inside the car. The system cools, dries and cleans the air.
The most basic systems have manual temperature control but systems are becoming more and more complex with full climate control on a lot of modern cars which rely on a lot of sensors and a electronic control unit (ECU) to maintain the selected temperature.
Strange Smells In The Cabin
If you notice any strange smells when you switch your air-con on then this could be signs of bacteria build up on your system.
As systems become older or are used infrequently the air conditioning system can start to develop bacteria, micro-organisms and even mould or fungi growing especially behind the dash panel on the evaporator, this can lead to some very unpleasant odours. Some even claim this can result in headaches and flu like symptom sometimes referred to as sick car syndrome.
Don’t suffer any longer air con systems can be treated effectively with an anti-bacterial treatment that destroys the bacteria growth and leaves your car smelling fresh again.
We offer the following services
- Conversion of old A/C systems to use non-freon refrigerants ✓
- Examine system throughout / contamination checks ✓
- Vacuum & pressure test with oxygen free nitrogen ✓
- Remove all moisture content / repair hoses / replace filters ✓
- Check, degas & restore refrigerant levels /odour elimination ✓
- Expert diagnostics to identify & repair faults, leaks etc ✓
- Replacement of drier/accumulator as required ✓
- On completion, checking vent temperatures/ gauge pressures ✓