1. Keep It Clean
Wondering how to make your car last longer? One of the simplest methods is to just keep it clean!
Regular cleanings — inside and out — involve removing corrosion from the battery, getting dirty or clogged filters replaced, and thoroughly washing its body and cleaning its interior, following manufacturer recommendations.
Removing battery corrosion, getting filter replacements, and washing your car offer both cosmetic and performance benefits:
- Keeping the battery terminals corrosion-free can help its performance and longevity.
- Scheduling regular engine oil and transmission filter replacements help keep the respective fluids clean, supporting proper lubrication and preventing your engine components from overheating.
- Getting your cabin air filter replaced can help keep smells and ventilation problems at bay.
- Cleaning the windscreens and mirrors can help enhance your visibility of the road and your surroundings.
- Regularly washing your car’s body helps protect it from scratches and wear caused by dirt and debris.
2. Inspect the Engine on Schedule
Stopping by your Highway Auto Care Rockhampton for a courtesy check is a zero-cost way to care for your car. Our free inspections involve the visual examination of your battery, wiper blades, headlights, air filters, essential fluids, tyres, and more!
Regular inspections allow our technicians to catch and address small signs of wear before they become problems that can shorten your vehicle’s lifespan. And for a more comprehensive check, schedule a Complete Vehicle Inspection at Highway Auto Care Rockhampton to help keep your vehicle running smoothly from engine to exhaust.
Additionally, it’s essential that you stick to your manufacturer-recommended service recommendations to ensure you get essential services like oil changes before they snowball into more significant problems like engine failure.
The Complete Care Package at Highway Auto Care
Keep your vehicle on the road longer with essential maintenance services from Highway Auto Care. Stop by for quality maintenance services and repairs that are Priced Right. Fixed Right. Right on Time!